Mattertag posts are a great way to call out features, provide additional details, and generally just add context to different aspects of your 3D model. This guide will walk you through the process of creating Mattertag posts and teach you how to label and publish them to your virtual environment.
Create a Mattertag post
- Open my.matterport.com.
- Select the Space you want to add Mattertag posts to.
- Switch to "Edit Mode".
- To do this, click the pencil icon at the top-left of the Showcase window.
- Navigate to the point in your model where you'd like to add the Mattertag to.
- Click the "Mattertags" icon in the toolbox to the right.
- If your model has existing Mattertags, they will show up in the pop-up window that opens.
- In the pop-up window that opens, click the blue "Add" button.
- This will turn your cursor into a Mattertag disc and stem, surrounded by a placement sphere. This will help you determine the anchor point for your Mattertag post.
Place and Navigate a Mattertag post
- Click on the precise location (anchor point) you want to add the Mattertag post to.
- The Mattertag disc will be tethered to the mesh you select (or the closest scannable point to the selected object).
- Reposition your Mattertag post.
- To move the Mattertag post in real time, click the dark grey circle in the center of the icon, then drag the Mattertag to the desired location.
- Click on the placed Mattertag to access the visual interface.
- This will be discussed in the following section of the article.
The Mattertag visual interface
- Give your Mattertag a title and description.
- Add a title up to 60 characters.
- Add a description up to 1,000 characters.
- Describe potential areas of interest.
- Explain why a particular item, feature, or room is unique.
- Add hyperlinks to your Mattertag.
- Click anywhere in the description box to trigger a pop-up "Link" icon - click into that and enter the URL you wish to link.
- You can also highlight description text and hit the "Link" button to embed the link in the text of the description. You cannot embed URLs into the title field, however.
You must append "https://" to the URL or the system will not recognize the hyperlink.
- The color selector:
- Click to open and change the color of your Mattertag post. The color is set to dark blue by default.
- Stem settings:
- Allows you to increase or decrease the length of your Mattertag Stem - that is, the distance in inches between the description and the mesh it is tethered to.
- This can be used to attract attention - longer stems essentially "jump out" at the viewer, then guide them toward the Mattertag.
- See the image below for an example of an extended Stem.
- The Media icon:
- Append images [article link] and even videos to the Mattertag.
- The ellipses (...) icon:
- Hide or delete your Mattertag.
- Hide or delete your Mattertag.
- Click "Done".
- Your Mattertag will appear in the Mattertags window - though you can add endless Mattertags, we recommend creating less than 100 per-Space, as more than that will substantially slow down most systems.
- Clicking on each respective Mattertag will automatically take you to the precise location of the tag in your 3D model.
To learn how to transport users from one area of your 3D model to another, check out this "Deep Link" Help Center article.