Before you Begin
Labels are short descriptions you can associate with rooms in your 3D Space. You can use labels to do the following:
- Highlight important (or visually compelling) regions of your Space.
- Show guests where amenities are located.
- Provide square footage measurements on a per-room basis.
- Mark where rooms will be built in the future (for use with construction projects).
- Mark specific and intricate parts of your Schematic Floor Plans.
I. Create a Label
- Go to my.matterport.com
- Select the Space you'd like to add labels to.
- Switch to Edit mode.
- To do this, click the pencil icon at the top-left corner of the window.
- Click on the "Labels" icon in the toolbox to the right.
- In the pop-up window, click the blue "Add" button.
- This will automatically transition into Floorplan view.
- Hover your mouse over each room to see a general outline of where your label will appear.
- Click on the area of the room where you want your label to appear.
- Type in your label.
- Each added label will appear in the "Labels" window to the right.
II. Manipulate your Label
Click directly on your label to do the following:
- Click and drag your label around the map.
- You can drag the label from one room to another if necessary.
- Click the pencil icon appended to your label.
- Here you can rename the label.
- Click the trash icon appended to your label.
- This will delete your label.
- Click the "ellipses" icon to the right of your label's name.
- This gives you the option to hide the label, or delete it altogether.
III. Make Labels Visible in 3D Showcase
Once you've created labels and placed them on your Floorplan, you'll want to make them visible so users and guests can actually see them when viewing the Space. Follow the steps below.
- Open the Space you want to add visible labels to.
- Open "Settings and more".
- This is can be accessed by pressing the ellipses icon at the bottom-right of the toolbox, then clicking "Settings".
- In the Settings window, click "Advanced".
- Switch the "Labels" toggle to "On" by sliding the switch to the right.
Labels well only appear in 3D Showcase in the Floorplan View - if you're looking to "label" individual parts of rooms (like a dishwasher, tabletop, or window), we recommend using Mattertags to do this.