Some questions regarding the new Pro2 - 4K Cameras
The processed models from the new 4k cameras look great!
That said, I have a few questions:
1. Will the time to process the models in the cloud be longer?
2. How will the model sizes within the iPad Capture App be affected? (Will they be 40 times larger than normal?)
3. Will this result in longer Alignment times whilst scanning? (I'm guessing "No")
4. How long does it take to transfer the data from the camera to the iPad? (Does the new camera have a faster WiFi?)
5. Does it take longer to preview an individual scan? (I'm guessing "Yes")
6. Will this affect the recommended number of scans per model? (Still 200 or less?)
7. Will this result in significantly larger models for the end user to download? This could be a problem for those with older computers/browsers as well as those who don't have very good Internet connections.
8. Will it be possible to reduce the image resolution of the processed models if they prove to be too large for our clients?
9. Will Matterport ship cameras directly to existing camera operators who are not located in the US (and who trade in their cameras) or will the cameras still need to be sent via MyUS.com?
10. When a camera is traded in will the documentation sent back with the new camera be sufficient to avoid paying the full import taxes on the "new" cameras? I'd rather pay the import tax on just the difference after the rebate has been applied.
11. What sort of documentation will need to be included with the cameras that are traded back in?
12. How long will it be before the embedded GPS is used to help process outdoor scans?
13. What are the specs for the GPS receiver in the camera? (Is it a dual frequency receiver?)
14. Who owns the copyright for the 4k pictures that can be downloaded directly from the web site once the model is ready?
That's about all that I can think of for now!
All the best,