Matterport Affiliate Billing System
I'm currently at 150 scans - half way until I reach the 300 scan limit.
I presently do not charge my clients 'hosting' as all of my 'hosting' fees are subsidized by the savings on processing.
When I do it 300 scans, I'm not sure what will happen. If I have to open a second account, then I would at least like to not have to eat the $150/mo from the 'full account'.
For those of us who believe in billing our clients for hosting, it would be nice if Matterport could help us.
- Ability to move client files into their own account where we are an administrator, but they receive the bill.
- Ability to create sub accounts with a per/scan or flat fee wherein Matterport takes a cut as the middleman.
- Keep it simple to help people have straightforward business models that line up with other MSPs.
- Many MSPs have plans wherein hosting is 'free' for six months, or a year, then there's an annual fee.
- A $50 plan can host 100 models. Therefore, I could see Matterport offering a 'sub account' system where customers are billed $1/mo for their models -- or $3 quaterly -- or $10 annually. The MSP would receive a credit of 50% of the amount -- thus Matterport makes money by offering billing services.
- Models that are in a sub account with independent billing do not count against our billing plan's max # of models.
- Models that are in a sub account will live on if our main accounts are cancelled - thus if for any reason a photographer decides to retire from Matterport Scans due to a change in industry, relocation, or any life changes, they can leave their customers in good hands with Matterport.
- Customers can upgrade their Matterport 'sub accounts' to full accounts that would allow new scans to be added. This would require that the main account holder AUTHORIZE letting it go. At that point, the converted sub account would pay the normal $50/$100/$150 fees.