Beta: Capture 2.4 Details
- This is not the final release. Some features below will be included in updates in the coming weeks.
- You need to install the Test Flight app from the iOS App Store - the Beta builds are distributed through this app. Think of it as a parallel app store.
- If you want be a Beta adopter, send the email address that you use for iTunes or iOS App store to email@example.com.
- Visual (Assisted) Alignment for empty and repetitive spaces. Visit matterport.com/assisted-alignment to learn more.
Sorting: make it easier to find a scan job on your iPad.
Firmware Notifications: Improve awareness of new camera firmware builds. In multi-camera scenarios, make it clear which cameras are up to date and which are not.
Low storage warnings: Improve low storage warnings so that you have more time to free up space.
Coming soon in updates via Test Flight (in the coming weeks):
French, German and Spanish localization: if you operate your iPad in one of these languages, Capture will switch to present localized content within the app.
Enhanced organizational support: help you more easily manage multiple account relationships, minimize uploading to the wrong customer account.
- If you have signed up for the Beta, you will receive an email invitation to participate in a TestFlight beta. This is the mechanism with the iOS app store that supports Beta programs.
- Follow the link within the email to download and install the TestFlight application from the app store on your iPad. If you already have TestFlight installed you will see a new notification. Within TestFlight you can also redeem the code sent in the email.
- Within the TestFlight application you will see a new version of the Capture app. After selecting install/update your Capture app will be updated to the latest Beta build of version 2.4.
- We will distribute additional updates via TestFlight and you will automatically be notified of an update. Note that this will be via Test Flight, not the usual iOS App store.
- When the final build of this version is released we will send you a note and you can install that from the iOS App store and be 'out' of the beta track.
Note: when installing a Beta app from TestFlight you may see a message that sounds scary - that you may lose all your data. This is a generic TestFlight message and installing the Capture 2.4 Beta will not erase your data.