Hello everyone - we recently did a villa in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico that we are very proud of. It's a huge property with so much outdoor space that it took 2 full days of scanning, plus a 3rd day to fill in any holes (mesh), especially outdoors. We ended up with 464 scans to make it work, and while it's not officially supported, it turned out quite well.
- Since the property has so many different locations joined by outdoor stairs and walkways, we started early by doing all of those paths. That way when the sun came overhead we would be able to continue in other buildings/rooms and not be blocked by the sun. That upfront planning saved us a lot of time.
- Have to turn off tiling otherwise the showcase/browser crashes on mobile devices.
- Workshop crashes every 4-5 minutes during editing due to insufficient memory in GLPlayer...be prepared for long editing sessions if you plan to do something this big (with all the outdoor space and sunlight, we had so many scans that are just filling in mesh that have to be removed in workshop afterwards).
- processing time was 12-14 hours each time - bear that in mind for your delivery forecast to the client. Forgetting one mirror can cost you a full day.
- some of the balconies (and even along side the pool) are marked as windows, so users don't fly off them to the next level below
- Since we had the place 3 days, bringing the laptop along and viewing the issues while onsite was really helpful.
Hope you enjoy the showcase, and feel free to ask any questions...don't forget the dollhouse view...it's pretty impressive.