Our API & SDK developer tool licenses for production use are only available for customers on paid subscriptions, including both new and classic subscription plans. While customers on the free subscription plan are welcome to explore our developer tools in sandbox, production access to our developer tools needs a paid subscription.
Sandbox vs Production Access
By default, all eligible accounts can access our developer tools in ‘sandbox.’ Admins can generate sandbox SDK keys and API tokens in the account settings, under ‘developer tools.’
While in sandbox mode, our developer tools are free to use and explore. Sandbox access has the following restrictions:
- SDK keys can only be used in localhost - not on any other domains
- API tokens can only be used against demo models - not customer-created models
To get production access and lift the restrictions of the sandbox mode, customers need to contact us. Admins can find the link in their account settings. Depending on your use case, this may require payment of license fees (see below).
Access to our developer tools in production and pricing depends on your use case:
- Developer / test / sandbox use:
- Learn and explore our developer tools for free - see above for details.
- Private use: Using our developer tools for internal use, for your own models, is considered ‘private use’. For private use, you unlock production access for the first year by purchasing a yearly license, based on your subscription type. See our pricing page for details on pricing for new and classic plans.
- Extra charges apply to access specific model assets for your private use:
- Note that these license prices are valid for the first year. Matterport reserves the right to evolve its pricing and adopt a usage-based pricing later on.
- Partner integration: Matterport negotiated specific agreements with some of our integration partners - license prices depend on the partner and agreement:
- Encircle: the use of Matterport APIs to integrate with enCircle is free
- Developer use can be performed with the ‘private use’ API license (see above)
- Production use requires an additional license - contact your sales rep for details
- Commercial use: If you want to use our developer tools in a commercial capacity to provide value-added assets or services to Matterport customers, then contact our Business Development team at email@example.com to discuss conditions. Typically, we will agree on a revenue-share agreement that includes free access to our tools and assets for a percentage of the revenue you generate. The amount may vary depending on a few criteria, particularly if you are going to be featured on our marketplace and benefit from the traffic we generate to your offering, or not.
Depending on your level of access to our developer tools, you can enjoy more or less live support when needed:
- Sandbox: no live or email support - this is only self-serve with the documentation / help / shared code we provide on the site. (exceptions may apply)
- Production: once license is purchased, up to 2 hours of support can be provided to get started, and then occasional support when issues / bugs come up. However, this is restricted to support tied to our Model API and Showcase SDK. No basic coding support. There is an assumption that developers have a good understanding of general API, GraphQL, web technologies and tools, 3D Coding (for the SDK), authentication schemes, etc.