Matterport partnered with PTC Vuforia to provide direct integration between your Matterport cloud account and Vuforia, and be able to use Vuforia's "Area Target" feature. Once integrated, you will be able to retrieve the necessary assets directly from Vuforia and use Area Target for any space that you purchased a Matterpak for.
Area Target relies on getting access to the models' MatterPaks and the Matterport API. Your accounts and models need to meet these requirements.
- Instructions to access to the Matterport API can be found here
- MatterPaks are only available to models captured with a Matterport Pro2 or Leica BLK360 cameras, (also models captured with a 360 camera for Enterprise subscriptions), and require a Professional or above subscription plan.
Setting up the connection
Integration between Vuforia (a PTC product) and your Matterport account is easy - just follow these steps:
- Visit your account settings, Developer Tools section (admins only)
- You can request an API token for testing, for free, with our sandbox restrictions
- When using Vuforia's developer license, you need to request the production access of our API
- Go back to your account settings and click the ‘request production access’ button
- Fill out the form - select 'PTC/Vuforia' as your use case
- Using the Vuforia license in production (removal of Vuforia Watermark) requires another level of API access license on the Matterport side. Please contact your sales rep to discuss the details and pricing.