Matterport offers API and SDK developer tools to enhance the experiences available with Matterport spaces and data. Key use cases for these tools include:
- Workflow automation
- Extension and customization of our 3D player, "Showcase"
- Creation of derived assets and new services
- Integration into 3rd-party software, API, and solutions
Matterport offers the following two developer tools.
The SDK allows you to customize and enhance the experience around our 3D player, Showcase, which is the WebGL application that allows one to navigate a Matterport 3D space in a web browser. Click here for an example. For example, using the SDK commands on a webpage, the tour can enhanced in some of the following ways:
- Listen to events exposing details about the user's navigation in the space, such as scan location and camera rotation
- Add additional content or overlays
- Add navigation elements, such as an interactive minimap
- Control the camera
- Collect information about Mattertags, measurements, labels, and more for integration into your application
- Create, edit, delete, move, and inject custom HTML into Mattertags
- Stage custom 3D models, live video, or IoT device data within the Matterport space
Note that SDK is client-side only. Data is not pushed to our datastore, nor is it persistent (unless you record / store information on your side).
The Model API is a direct system-to-system connection used to connect your back-end system to ours, allowing you to exchange data and perform specific actions on your spaces in our system. Unlike with the SDK, these actions and data changes are persistent as they are performed directly into the Matterport datastore via the API. The Model API offers a variety of capabilities including, but not limited to:
- Query and search for models and model information
- Acquire spatial, geolocation, image data, and more
- Make models public/private or active/archived
- Modify model details, Mattertags, labels, and more
API Partner Integrations
Matterport has negotiated specific API agreements with some of our integration partners. License prices depend on the partner and agreement.