It's a common misconception among Matterport customers that if your account has been cancelled you must make a new one to return to Matterport at a later date, and not have access to your previously created Matterport models. This is actually untrue - if you need to re-access your cancelled account at a later date, you can do so by following the instructions below.
Before you begin
If your account was closed due to non payment, you will need to first clear your balance before restoring your account. When you select a new subscription, you'll be instructed to pay off the balance. See more below.
You won't be able to reactivate to a Free account if you previously had a paid account.
Reactivate your closed Matterport account
- If you had multiple accounts, sign in at buy.matterport.com and select the canceled account you wish to reactivate. Else, you can login at my.matterport.com and click "Return to Shopping"
- From Matterport's Buy screen, select the plan you'd like to apply to your reinstated account
- Keep in mind, in order to reactivate your account, you have to subscribe to a new plan and one that is currently available on buy.matterport.com - this is not optional.
- Select your plan option and billing cycle payment options
- Reference the Order Summary section (to the right) to verify the details of your new plan payment
- Hit the Check Out button.
- Finish the order and you'll have reactivated the account and have access to your previously captured Spaces.
Paying past due balance and reactivate
- If you have a past due balance, after the previous Step 5, you'll be notified of the past due and will need to pay this first.
- Continue through until payment is made. If you have any issues with payment for the past due, first check any potential issues with the credit card, and if it looks good, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After you pay the past due balance, you can return to finish checking out the new plan. This will be a second separate charge on your credit card. Note: Sometimes credit cards do not like receiving payments so quickly in succession from the same vendor, so be prepared to potentially contact your credit card company if there is an error.
- Now that the account is activated, go to Settings > Billing and make sure your new card is the Default card, or add a different card to be Default for your recurring payments.
Now that I'm back, what's new? What's different?
Your account will be reactivated, ready to use, and your previously scanned spaces will be become active again. That being said, what you can do using Matterport will be dependent on the limitations of the plan you selected. For example, if you selected a Starter plan and used to be on a larger plan, you will be able to view your old spaces, but not upload any new ones until you archive below the limit.
Remember, if you only have a Matterport Pro/Pro2 camera or a BLK360, you won't be able to upload to Starter even if you are below your Active Model Limit. You will need to upgrade to at least the Professional tier.