1. Set up your Matterport Pro2 Camera
Gather all equipment
|Matterport Pro2 3D camera|
3/8" - 16 UNC mount that can support 10 pounds (or 5 kilograms)
Quick release clamp
3/8" - 16 UNC thread
|Supported Apple iPad or iPhone with Matterport Capture app|
Set the tripod to five feet high (1.5 meters)
Attach the quick-release clamp
Slide the Pro2 camera into the clamp
Check that the clamp is securely fastened to the tripod
Power on the camera
Wait for the Wi-Fi light on the back of the camera to begin blinking
Connect your camera to your iOS device
Check your camera and iOS device are connected
Open the Matterport Capture app to verify
|Tap the + button to start a new scan!|
2. Scan a Space
- Choose your starting point.
- A common first choice is the foyer of the property.
- Open Matterport Capture on your iOS device.
- Tap "Capture 3D Scan".
- Make sure to leave the general area during the capture process - the camera will spin 360°, and will capture you as part of the model if you are inside the scan radius.
- Choose the next placement point for your camera.
- Move the camera five to eight feet from your starting point.
- Make sure there is a clear line of sight to your starting point - the only way for the app to align the images is to use previous scans as visual reference.
- You can Preview your scans in the Capture app.
- Tap "Capture 3D Scan".
- Make sure to leave the general area - the camera will spin 360° and will capture you as part of the scan if you are within the spin radius.
- Move the camera five to eight feet from your scan point.
- Make sure there is a clear line of sight between your scan points - the general idea is that you are creating the "path" your visitors will take when viewing your 3D model.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until the property has been scanned.
Tips for your first scan
- The open door policy.
- When moving between doors, scan on either side of the open door - do not move, shut, or open doors between scans.
- Take at least two scans per-room.
- Users will typically want to move from one point to another for different vantage points.
- Scanning narrow spaces and hallways.
- In narrow areas, scan in a straight line, and try to keep at least 1.5 feet (0.5 meters) from all walls and doors.
- Scan near objects that are visually interesting, like new appliances.
- Mark windows and mirrors after each scan.
- This will ensure your model is properly aligned.
- Capture the property from the outside.
- Switch to 360° View mode to capture outdoor scenes lit by sunlight - this should be the last part of the property you scan.
3. Upload your Scan (and next steps)
Review and upload
Turn off the camera, then connect your iPad or iPhone to the internet
Log into Matterport Cloud from Capture
If you haven't registered an account, check your "welcome" email for instructions on creating a new account
Mark all windows and mirrors
Use the "trim" tool to crop out excess scan data for a clean finish. Make sure to place trim markers just outside of exterior walls - this will ensure you don't cut the walls out of your model.
Tap the "Upload" button to send the model to Matterport Cloud for processing.
Matterport will construct a 3D space out of your scans, then email you when processing is complete. This usually takes a few hours - you can always log in to https://my.matterport.com to view your spaces at any time.
Handle with care
The Matterport Pro2 3D camera is a sensitive, precision instrument. Handle with extreme care. Transport the camera in a padded bag or case. Ensure the camera is secure and does not shift or move.