Follow the instructions below to alter your Measurement Mode settings, both in your own account, and to end-users who make measurements in your model.
Measurement Mode account settings
To view Measurement Mode account settings, follow the steps below.
- Open the model you want to toggle Measurement settings in.
- Switch to Workshop mode.
- Click the Workshop "Settings" icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Click the "Advanced" button to the left.
- Under the "Measurement Mode" section, locate following:
- "Allow visitors to measure your space."
- Switching this to "on" will allow any visitors to measure aspects of your model in Showcase - keep in mind, visitors can't save these measurements. They're meant to act as a real-time tool.
- Example: A user wants to measures certain aspects of your model, then takes screenshots of the measurements for use later.
- "Visitors can:" dropdown menu
- Choose whether users can "Measure your space" or "Measure your space and view your measurements"
Measurement Mode end-user settings
After selecting the new measurement tool, click the "Settings" icon at the top-right corner of the window. Reference the image of the Measurements Mode settings window below.
- "On" by default - this will "snap" your measurement line to the nearest corner or edge.
- "Off" will allow you to place the lines manually, anywhere.
- If snapping is turned "on", you can use the Shift key to automatically snap your line to the nearest axis.
- Use the Alt key to remove all snapping.
- Continuous Lines
- "On" by default - this will allow you to "continuously" measure an object with more than one edge or corner (like a table). We'll go over this more in the instructions below.
- Choose between "Imperial" measurements (inches, feet) and "Metric" measurements (centimeters, meters).