Procore now supports the Matterport platform, meaning you can use Procore to open your 3D models - the instructions below will teach you how.
What is Procore?
Procore is a "construction" platform used by architects, mechanical engineers, and project managers to collaborate on real-life building projects online. Quantified, that's a lot of data, and Procore's platform is used primarily to manage that data securely.
Adding a Matterport model to your Procore project is a one-time action - after that, all collaborators appended to a Procore project will be able to see the Matterport model from inside the Procore application. This eliminates the pesky workflow of juggling multiple windows and/or adding multiple collaborators to a Matterport account just so others can interact with a scan.
Open your 3D model in Procore
- Go to my.matterport.com, and select the model you want to transfer to Procore
- Set the model to "Public" by clicking on the lock icon at the top-right of the window
- Click the "Share" icon to view your model's URL
- Copy (control+C) the model's SID in the "Link" field
- This is the "m" parameters in the model's URL - this always starts with "m=" - we've annotated this section in the image above.
- Open Procore's Project Page
- Add the Matterport App
- This will prompt you to enter the model's SID you copied previously.
- Paste (control+v) the model's SID
- Confirm the app install by clicking the orange "Install" button in the pop up window