Customers sometimes notice that their Pro2 camera begins making a noise that sounds different from normal. As several factors can contribute to this happening, we recommend following the steps below to troubleshoot the noise you're hearing.
I. Check that you're using the latest Pro2 Firmware
- Open the Matterport Capture app and sign in.
- On the home screen, tap "Storage & Firmware".
- Under the "Firmware" section, check to see that you're using the latest update.
- If you are, the version number will have a green check next to it.
- This check indicates you are using the latest version of the firmware.
- If you're not, download the latest firmware for your Pro2.
- To do this, hit the "Update" button and follow the instructions to update the firmware.
Why this check is important:
Certain software updates may cause your camera's motor to make slightly different noises. For example, when we released "Fast Scanning," the update that enabled the feature made Matterport cameras spin at a different rate (and for a different duration) - as a result, the camera's engine made a higher pitched noise than usual when scanning.
II. Listen for a grinding sound
If you hear a mechanical grinding noise, stop scanning immediately - this noise indicates that the gears inside the motor are slipping and smashing into one another while the camera rotates. We recommend contacting Customer Support immediately to schedule a repair.