As it stands, adding a 360° to your Showcase is possible, but adding a true 360° panoramic can be problematic as our system will try to place it automatically. This can lead to 360° images appended to your Showcase that don't appear in the proper place. To address this issue, you can use Mattertags (and third-party image hosting sites) to append your 360° photos anywhere in your Showcase Space. Follow the steps below to learn how to do this.
Take a 360° Snapshot of a 360° View
- Open the 360° View you want to take a Snapshot of
- To do this, click the expand icon at the bottom-right of the thumbnail.
- Click the "Photos" icon in the toolbar to the right.
- Click the 360° Photo icon at the top right of the screen.
- Frame your Snapshot.
- Pan with the mouse or arrow keys to frame your Snapshot - try to really capture the general scope of the entire environment, as the 360° will be extremely wide.
- Click the Camera icon in the center of the page to take the picture.
- In the "Photo Saved" pop-up that appears, click "View".
- View your image in the pop-up window.
- Here, you can rename the Snapshot, delete it, or download the image onto your hard drive.
Append a 360° View to your Showcase
In the "Media" section of the Showcase UI, click "Photos".
- Locate your 360° photo.
- 360° images are displayed at the bottom of the "Photos" list.
- Click the desired image to open it in a new window.
- Click the "Download" icon to save the image to your hard drive.
- Navigate to a site that supports 360° photography.
- We recommend momento360.com.
- Create an account.
- Upload your 360° image.
- Click on "Share or Embed a Link".
- Copy the generated link - this will be used in your Mattertag post.
- Return to your Matterport Space and switch to Workshop.
- Click the Mattertag icon in the toolbox to the right.
- In either Dollhouse, Inside, or Floorplan view, place your Mattertag at the precise location of the desired 360° View.
- In the Mattertag window that opens, click the "Add Media" icon at the bottom-left.
- Paste the link into the URL field.
- Click "Apply".
- The 360° View will now appear inside your Mattertag window.
Make the 360° View appear in fullscreen: Alternatively, you can upload the image URL as a "Link" rather than "Media" - this will create a clickable link in your Mattertag that users can click on to see the 360° image in fullscreen mode. You can also create a clickable link with a title - highlight the title and click the "Add Link" icon, then paste the link into the URL field.