June 2nd, 2020
- Fixed usability bug with VR controllers in non-VR mode
- This fix was made using an Oculus headset not using WebXR
- Users can now select and show/hide 3D scans in Floor Plan and Dollhouse modes
- Added Remove from Highlights button
- This is for non-touch devices - the button appears while hovering your mouse over a highlight.
- Fixed grid bug where asset snapshots would have the grid view
- Reduced the size of the Mattertag editing box
- Unplaced 360° views can no longer be set as a Start Location
May 19th, 2020
- "..." menu
- Bottom menu on small screens now collapses into an "..." icon.
Workshop 3.1 release
- Tablet and mobile support
- All actions moved from drawer to new action bar
- Workshop is always full-screen
- Improved Highlight Reel editing
- New top bar
- Grants better access to preview and revert changes commands
- UI overhaul
- All tools have consistent work flows
May 7th, 2020
- New VR mode built with WebXR
- This is currently for Oculus only
- Higher quality, 2K tiles
- 360° Views support
- Allows navigation to all panos, not just VR panos
- Deep link bug fix
- Where deep links would start the user in the wrong panoramic
- Bug fix where commas in a floor name would add new floors to the model
- Bug fix where floor labels jump from one floor to another
- Added support for Facebook video in Mattertags
- Added Mattertag API support
- You can now edit Mattertags in the API without using the anchor
April 14th, 2020
- &qs=1 fix
- Fixed older spaces that wouldn't load with &qs=1.
- Added error handling to the "Add View" button in the Photos tool
- Fixed issue where unpublished Highlight Reel are deleted
April 3th, 2020
- msl=1 and msl=2 URL parameters now hide rich media in Mattertags
- This includes images, video, audio, and iframes.
- Fixed snapshot bug
- Snapshots taken with photo tool previously would not coincide with the highlight reel thumbnails.
- Fixed bug in Workshop's Photos tool
- Where JPEG snapshots seemed lower quality in Workshop than what appears on the screen.
- Added error messages in Workshop
- These appear when background autosaving or publishing fails altogether.
March 17th, 2020
- Performance improvements
- Fixed Apple Pencil support
- iOS fix
- Where the "..." menu appears when not necessary.
- VR fix
- Corrected link double redirects
- Fixed various deep link bugs
- Fixed eternal URL visibility
- Prior to the fix, external URLs were invisible unless social sharing was turned off.
- Saving bug fix
- Occurred in models with a lots of assets (like tags, measurements and labels)
- Tool tips now visible in Safari browser
February 13th, 2020
- Fixed Oculus browser crash
- Fixed bottom-right UI bug
- Where the element would fall off of the screen on smaller displays
- Measurement Mode help text update
- Fixed various translations around sharing
- Fixed crash in models that don't have a "floor zero"
- Fixed deep links in Dollhouse and Floorplans
- Fixed pixelated 360° view pins
January 22nd, 2020
- New social sharing modal
- This allows users to link to the any location available in the Showcase tour.
- Native sharing feature is available on mobile as well.
- Performance and load time improvements using the new Scheduler.
- Fixed missing "P" from measurement labels
- Fixed floorplan measurement creation
December 20th, 2019
- Updated tool drawers
- Now have persistent floor headers and icons.
- Labels can now be edited inside drawers
- Fixed measurement issue
- Measurements were sometimes appearing in Snapshots even if the asset toggle was switched to "Off".
- Fixed floating white box that appeared on the load screen
- Added analytics for both the "Help" and "Measure Mode" button
- Better rendering performance
- Fixed Mattertag media loading issue
- Fixed Mattertag layout issue (when resizing the browser window)
- Corner case fix
- This dealt with the Highlight Reel path algorithm - it would sometimes wrongly create a slideshow transition instead of a fly through
- Measurement "nudge" only appears once per-user
- Fixed Floorplan measurement label display
- Fixed Floorplan measurement placement bug
- Fixed Dollhouse issue
- Where measurements would snap to edges in corners in floors that were ghosted.
- Fixed mobile issue
- Where small labels with a "0" would appear when creating new measurements.
- Safari fix
- Fixed corrupted UI when browser window was zoomed in.
- Added missing analytics
- Specifically when a measurement is immediately discarded.
December 18th, 2019
- Highlight Reel bug fix
- Previously wouldn't expand as models opened.
- Mattertag bug fix
- Where hiding and showing Mattertags from lists wouldn't save.
December 13th, 2019
- Fixed measuring bug on mobile
- Specifically, a bug that would occur when measuring outside of a model in Floor Plan mode.
- "X" or "Exit" button in Measurement Mode more prominent
- No longer display measurement labels on short measurements.
- Showcase - faster loads
- Example: Mattertags now surface a second or two after each load.
- Removed the middle-step when moving to Mattertags
- Hidden Highlight Reel
- Highlight Reel is now hidden if the embed window is too small to fit it.
- Fixed layout issues with small embed windows
- 360 view pin bug fix
- Fixed bug where the 360 view pin got in the way of other tools.
December 6th, 2019
- Language support
- Hotfix for Chinese detection.
- Updates in preparation for SDK Mattertag features
December 4th, 2019
- New authentication framework
- New required fields (when creating a Free account)
- "Industry" and "Business" fields now required for Free user account creation.
- New customer demo models
- Demo customer models are now determined by required fields selection
- Download account usage in CSV format
- If trying to perform this action from Safari on iOS, iOS version must be 13 or higher.
- Updated Vrbo and HomeAway integration
- Updated help-text that now displays both Vrbo and HomeAway example property URLs.
- Refreshed Sign in/Sign up/Forgotten password UX
- Fixed display and data loading bug in Usage history
- Fixed pagination issue
- Specifically for the "Roles" table in accounts with over 500 users.
- SDK 3.2
- Create, edit, change color, delete, and move Mattertags using the new SDK
November 20th, 2019
- Highlight reel bug fix
- Users can now open the highlight reel whether tours are enabled or not.
November 19th, 2019
- Fixed measurement errors
- Addressed issue where measurement units were not respecting model's Units settings.
- Fixed default Mattertag disc color
- Addressed snapshot issues in Dollhouse and Floor Plan mode
- Loading icon has new, more neutral color
- Fixed pre-loading screen bug
- Removed white circle that would appear before the loading screen
November 18th, 2019
- Movement support with photo tool
- Users can now move while uploading using the Workshop's photo tool - this speeds up the photo-taking process on slower connections.
- Improved auto detection for browser languages
- This release specifically fixes bugs with Chinese auto detection.
- Improved performance on high resolution displays (now sets a max canvas render size by default).
November 15th, 2019
- New colors, fonts, general theme
- New colors
- New fonts
- New general theme
- Automatic language detection based on web browser's language settings.
November 7th, 2019
- Truncated popup menus
- Fixed issue where popup menus were becoming truncated inside the tool list views.
- "Presented By" font-size is larger on the loading screen
- Fullscreen button now appears on iPad
- Fixed crashes on iPad OS resulting from incorrectly loading high resolution textures
October 31st, 2019
- Transition settings customization
- You can now customize transition settings for each of the highlights in your tour - the controls to do so are now immediately viewable upon opening the Highlight Reel.
- Fixed empty title bar bug
- Bug fix - blue cursor can no longer fall through 3D models.
- Bug fix - 360° Views will not get moved when placed too far away.
- Floorplan rotation on mobile has a more natural flow.
- Enhanced floorplan controls on desktop.
October 17th, 2019
Workshop: Revert Unpublished Changes
Workshop users can now undo unwanted changes before publishing.
- Larger Mattertag billboards
- Mattertag billboards are larger and will no longer shrink depending on how far away they are.
- Sweeps are now taken into account when making the outer projections skybox.
- Functioning zoom without the use of tiles
- Keep in mind: Showcase on iOS does not use tiles.
- Logo and terms no longer disappear during tours.
- Performance improvements
- Namely more efficient shaders.
- Sweeps only show/hidden when 3D Scans tool is selected
- This will help users stop hiding scans accidentally.
- Floors no longer turn grey when using the measurement tool.
September 18th, 2019
- Mattertags now allow links that were already URL-encoded (e.g. had a %20 in the URL)
- Fixed Mattertag crashes when hovering over the Mattertag creation icon
- Mattertags now allow deep links to be entered in the Mattertag media field.
- Scans in highlight reel now pan in a consistent direction, and for the entire length of the scan (from left to right or right to left).
- Previously a bug caused automatic pans in the highlight reel to sometimes change directions while panning.
- Showcase window "shadow" accurately repositioned.
September 3rd, 2019
iOS Showcase version 3.0 in the App Store
The iOS Showcase app is now entirely up-to-date with the online version of Showcase - this includes:
- All new 3.0 features will now work offline when users open a 3D model on their iPad.
Major improvements to Showcase 3.0
New streamlined UI
Support for placed 360° Views
Support for larger Spaces
August 26th, 2019
For new customers
1. The demo model
The demo model is a new vehicle that allows customers to experience the value of a Matterport model by adding a demo to their newly created account. Demo model details are listed below:
- Demo models respect the subscription rules appended to the user's new account.
- Demo models are unique to each account.
- Demo models do not contribute to the account's active model limit quota.
- Demo models will only be available for new accounts, not existing ones.
- Demo models can be deleted by users with Administrative permissions.
- Demo models can be viewed by Collaborator users with View or Edit privileges.
1. Removed "delete admins" error
- Addressed a bug where admins who were not account owners could delete other admin users from the account in the UI. Previously, if admins attempted this action, they would receive an error message. Now the option is no longer available in the UI at all.
2. Fixed typo
- Fixed typo in the Content Distribution account product setting.
3. Additional language translations
- Added previously missing translations from strings to shoppings.
- Added translations for coupon code errors in the shopping purchase flow.
August 15, 2019
Sign up and Buy
1. Enterprise accounts - AML and archiving
The ability to archive your models and enforcement of Active Model Limit (AML) has been added to Enterprise accounts. If your number of active models exceeds the number specified in your contract, you will need to immediately archive enough models to get under the AML.
2. Additional language translations added to buy.matterport.com.
3. Authenticated use settings access
All authenticated users on buy.matterport.com can now access the settings menu, even if their account has not been fully activated.
1. Fixed cosmetic bugs
These include bugs that appeared in the purchasing process of FloorPlans and MatterPaks.
2. Billing Settings issue
Current billing terms are now properly displayed.
July 31st, 2019
Improved Mattertag Editing
1. The focused Mattertag
The focused Mattertag will now be centered over scenes and will maintain a consistent size, making it easier to locate and use.
2. Mattertag hovering
You can now view your Mattertags by simply hovering over them, even while in Edit mode.
3. The Mattertag disc
You can now quickly jump into Edit mode by clicking the Mattertag disc.
4. Mattertag "Hide" and "Delete" options
"Hide" and "Delete" options are now immediately visible and accessible from the lower menu bar.
1. Highlight Reel captioning
Captions in your Highlight Reel will now save automatically, even if you switch to another tool.
2. &ts=x parameter
If you use the &ts=x parameter, user interactions will now cancel the start of the tour.
3. Highlight Reel text
Text in the Highlight Reel is now more visible and easier-to-read, thanks to a more subtle background.
July 29th, 2019
Improvements to cloud
1. Bug fix - feature availability
Matterpaks and Floor Plans are no longer available for models captured using 360° cameras.
2. Profile settings
Profile settings have been added to a dropdown menu in the upper-left side of the UI.
Improvements to shopping
1. New checkout page
This page now previews shipping and promo discounts in the cart's subtotal window.
2. Theta Z1
The UX in shopping and signup for the Theta Z1 has been improved for visual consistency.
3. Specific credit card messaging
Credit card error messages now overtly state more specific reasons for the error - this should reduce repeated failed attempts at purchasing.
4. The "Shop Cameras" link
The "Shop Cameras" link in the Account Billing page will no open in the same tab (instead of opening in a new one).
July 18th, 2019
Vrbo and HomeAway Publishing Minor Improvements
1. UI improvements
Vrbo and Homeaway logos now appear according to brand guidelines.
2. Minor UI cleanups
Specifically to tile content and layout.
3. UX improvements
Specifically to the auto-publish setting option.
4. Fixed publishing bug
Publishing now works even if a tour was published and deleted previously.
5. On/off toggle
Removed Vrbo and Homeaway on/off toggle for Free Subscription accounts.
Cloud Improvements and Fixes
1. Default upload profile folders
Fixed bug preventing users from setting their default upload folder from their Profile in Matterport Cloud.
2. Unusable checkout flow
Fixed bug that made checkout flow unusable when users entered email addresses that included non-shippable countries.
3. Invisible archived models
Fixed bug that ensured archived models are no longer visible in Showcase mode.
4. The move folder in Safari and Firefox
Fixe issue where the move folder was not displaying in Safari and Firefox browsers when closed and opened again.
5. Post-purchase MatterPak content
Fixed bug that stopped MatterPak content from appearing post-purchase - even if users have performance cookies disabled.
6. New Space detail folders
Fixed bug that prevented users from creating new folders in Space details.
7. Downloading Snapshots
Fixed bug that prevented users from downloading Snapshots taken in a ZIP file.
July 1st, 2019
Hardware and Billing Changes
1. Official Support for the Ricoh Theta Z1
The Ricoh Theta Z1 now appears in the 360 Cameras selector at buy.matterport.com. The Theta Z1 also appears in camera-plan compatibility messaging on both my.matterport.com, and buy.matterport.com when users are evaluating plans for purchases or future upgrades.
2. 360 Camera Uploads - Tracking
All 360 camera uploads will be tracked for billing - this applies to Classic Subscription plan customers starting July 1st (changes will be reflected in August’s bill).
4. Access links to Free Sign up from Cloud Login and Sign up
Guests who arrive at my.matterport.com login page (i.e. not already logged in) will be presented with a login screen with a link to create a new free account.
Showcase and Workshop Changes
- Smoother Movements in Tours
- Walkthrough tours now glide much more smoothly through Spaces.
- Fixed Hidden Scans
- You can no longer walk through hidden scans, even in Edit Mode.
- The &wts= URL parameter works again
- The "P" menu Tour Speed now matches the &wts= URL parameter.
- Adding Thumbnails
- Adding a view or thumbnail to a tour is now a much faster process.
- 360 Photos and Metadata
- Fixed a bug where 360 photos didn't have correct metadata, and therefore did not "act" like 360 photos when used in conjunction with other services.
- Fixed VR Bug
- A bug has been addressed where native VRP apps didn't pick up VR Path changes in the Matterport Editor.
1. Additional HomeAway Polish
- Fixed minor layout issues.
- Corrected wording in the publish action pop-up window.
- Corrected wording on all error pop-ups.
- Added usage history filter for HomeAway publication.
2. Additional Fixes
- Fixed issues preventing the Billing tab from working with customers from China.
- Fixed issues with default upload folder selection.
- Fixed billing term selection (Monthly or Annual) on the “Plan Upgrade” screen.
3. Workshop/Showcase 3.0
All new 3D models created going forth use the Workshop and Showcase version 3.0 by default - users can continue to access the legacy Workshop 2.0 for the next few months. Learn more.
4. Free signup page in the Matterport Cloud
Guests who arrive at my.matterport.com who aren't logged in will be presented with a login screen featuring a link to create a new account.
5. Standalone page for Pro 2 Lite purchases
The Pro 2 Lite will be available for a limited-time only clearance sale - contact your sales representative for further details.
6. Support for the Ricoh Theta Z1
The Ricoh Theta Z1 now appears in the 360° Camera selector at buy.matterport.com. The Theta Z1 also appears in camera-plan compatibility messaging on both the Matterport Cloud and buy.matterport.com when users are evaluating plans for purchases or future upgrades.
8. Minor changes to the Matterport Cloud:
A. Fixed issues preventing the Billing tab from working with customers from China.
B. Additional HomeAway UI elements and polish:
- Fixed minor layout issues.
- Corrected wording in the publish action pop-up window.
- Corrected wording on all error pop-ups.
C. Added usage history filter for HomeAway publication.
D. Fixed issues with default upload folder selection.
E. UI fix: Billing term selection (monthly or annual) on the "Plan Upgrade" screen.
F. Enterprise customers can now see historical invoices, update addresses, and update credit cards on file.
9. Minor changes to buy.matterport.com
A. Fixed issues with use of non-latin characters in state and province selectors that include Japan and UAE.
B. Fixed bug related to shipping quotes when user transitions from "Review Order" to "Select Products".
C. Fixed error message that's appended to invalid promo codes.
May 27th, 2019
1. Easier to upgrade Cloud plans
Easier UI clearly shows the benefits of each individual cloud plan.
2. Easier to manage 3D models in Cloud plans
Bulk actions enabled to archive and activate multiple models and folders at once.
3. Easier to tell which cameras are compatible with each plan
Compatible cameras will appear on the sign up and thank you pages.
4. Publish to third-party vacation rental portals
Beta: Publish your 360° imagery to Vrbo and Homeaway.
5. Additional bug fixes for better user experiences
A. Added comparison charts at buy.matterport.com/plans.
B. Fixes to the sort/empty list (including folder view, search view, and all Spaces).
C. Fixes to French translations at buy.matterport.com.
D. Improvements to searching for models in the Matterport Cloud.