September 3rd, 2019
iOS Showcase version 3.0 in the App Store
The iOS Showcase app is now entirely up-to-date with the online version of Showcase - this includes:
- All new 3.0 features will now work offline when users open a 3D model on their iPad.
Major improvements to Showcase 3.0
New streamlined UI
Support for placed 360° Views
Support for larger Spaces
August 26th, 2019
For new customers
1. The demo model
The demo model is a new vehicle that allows customers to experience the value of a Matterport model by adding a demo to their newly created account. Demo model details are listed below:
- Demo models respect the subscription rules appended to the user's new account.
- Demo models are unique to each account.
- Demo models do not contribute to the account's active model limit quota.
- Demo models will only be available for new accounts, not existing ones.
- Demo models can be deleted by users with Administrative permissions.
- Demo models can be viewed by Collaborator users with View or Edit privileges.
1. Removed "delete admins" error
- Addressed a bug where admins who were not account owners could delete other admin users from the account in the UI. Previously, if admins attempted this action, they would receive an error message. Now the option is no longer available in the UI at all.
2. Fixed typo
- Fixed typo in the Content Distribution account product setting.
3. Additional language translations
- Added previously missing translations from strings to shoppings.
- Added translations for coupon code errors in the shopping purchase flow.
August 15, 2019
Sign up and Buy
1. Enterprise accounts - AML and archiving
The ability to archive your models and enforcement of Active Model Limit (AML) has been added to Enterprise accounts. If your number of active models exceeds the number specified in your contract, you will need to immediately archive enough models to get under the AML.
2. Additional language translations added to buy.matterport.com.
3. Authenticated use settings access
All authenticated users on buy.matterport.com can now access the settings menu, even if their account has not been fully activated.
1. Fixed cosmetic bugs
These include bugs that appeared in the purchasing process of FloorPlans and MatterPaks.
2. Billing Settings issue
Current billing terms are now properly displayed.
July 31st, 2019
Improved Mattertag Editing
1. The focused Mattertag
The focused Mattertag will now be centered over scenes and will maintain a consistent size, making it easier to locate and use.
2. Mattertag hovering
You can now view your Mattertags by simply hovering over them, even while in Edit mode.
3. The Mattertag disc
You can now quickly jump into Edit mode by clicking the Mattertag disc.
4. Mattertag "Hide" and "Delete" options
"Hide" and "Delete" options are now immediately visible and accessible from the lower menu bar.
1. Highlight Reel captioning
Captions in your Highlight Reel will now save automatically, even if you switch to another tool.
2. &ts=x parameter
If you use the &ts=x parameter, user interactions will now cancel the start of the tour.
3. Highlight Reel text
Text in the Highlight Reel is now more visible and easier-to-read, thanks to a more subtle background.
July 29th, 2019
Improvements to cloud
1. Bug fix - feature availability
Matterpaks and Floor Plans are no longer available for models captured using 360° cameras.
2. Profile settings
Profile settings have been added to a dropdown menu in the upper-left side of the UI.
Improvements to shopping
1. New checkout page
This page now previews shipping and promo discounts in the cart's subtotal window.
2. Theta Z1
The UX in shopping and signup for the Theta Z1 has been improved for visual consistency.
3. Specific credit card messaging
Credit card error messages now overtly state more specific reasons for the error - this should reduce repeated failed attempts at purchasing.
4. The "Shop Cameras" link
The "Shop Cameras" link in the Account Billing page will no open in the same tab (instead of opening in a new one).
July 18th, 2019
Vrbo and HomeAway Publishing Minor Improvements
1. UI improvements
Vrbo and Homeaway logos now appear according to brand guidelines.
2. Minor UI cleanups
Specifically to tile content and layout.
3. UX improvements
Specifically to the auto-publish setting option.
4. Fixed publishing bug
Publishing now works even if a tour was published and deleted previously.
5. On/off toggle
Removed Vrbo and Homeaway on/off toggle for Free Subscription accounts.
Cloud Improvements and Fixes
1. Default upload profile folders
Fixed bug preventing users from setting their default upload folder from their Profile in Matterport Cloud.
2. Unusable checkout flow
Fixed bug that made checkout flow unusable when users entered email addresses that included non-shippable countries.
3. Invisible archived models
Fixed bug that ensured archived models are no longer visible in Showcase mode.
4. The move folder in Safari and Firefox
Fixe issue where the move folder was not displaying in Safari and Firefox browsers when closed and opened again.
5. Post-purchase MatterPak content
Fixed bug that stopped MatterPak content from appearing post-purchase - even if users have performance cookies disabled.
6. New Space detail folders
Fixed bug that prevented users from creating new folders in Space details.
7. Downloading Snapshots
Fixed bug that prevented users from downloading Snapshots taken in a ZIP file.
July 1st, 2019
1. Workshop/Showcase 3.0
All new 3D models created going forth use the Workshop and Showcase version 3.0 by default - users can continue to access the legacy Workshop 2.0 for the next few months. Learn more.
2. Free signup page in the Matterport Cloud
Guests who arrive at my.matterport.com who aren't logged in will be presented with a login screen featuring a link to create a new account.
3. Standalone page for Pro 2 Lite purchases
The Pro 2 Lite will be available for a limited-time only clearance sale - contact your sales representative for further details.
4. Support for the Ricoh Theta Z1
The Ricoh Theta Z1 now appears in the 360° Camera selector at buy.matterport.com. The Theta Z1 also appears in camera-plan compatibility messaging on both the Matterport Cloud and buy.matterport.com when users are evaluating plans for purchases or future upgrades.
6. Minor changes to the Matterport Cloud:
A. Fixed issues preventing the Billing tab from working with customers from China.
B. Additional HomeAway UI elements and polish:
- Fixed minor layout issues.
- Corrected wording in the publish action pop-up window.
- Corrected wording on all error pop-ups.
C. Added usage history filter for HomeAway publication.
D. Fixed issues with default upload folder selection.
E. UI fix: Billing term selection (monthly or annual) on the "Plan Upgrade" screen.
F. Enterprise customers can now see historical invoices, update addresses, and update credit cards on file.
7. Minor changes to buy.matterport.com
A. Fixed issues with use of non-latin characters in state and province selectors that include Japan and UAE.
B. Fixed bug related to shipping quotes when user transitions from "Review Order" to "Select Products".
C. Fixed error message that's appended to invalid promo codes.
May 27th, 2019
1. Easier to upgrade Cloud plans
Easier UI clearly shows the benefits of each individual cloud plan.
2. Easier to manage 3D models in Cloud plans
Bulk actions enabled to archive and activate multiple models and folders at once.
3. Easier to tell which cameras are compatible with each plan
Compatible cameras will appear on the sign up and thank you pages.
4. Publish to third-party vacation rental portals
Beta: Publish your 360° imagery to Vrbo and Homeaway.
5. Additional bug fixes for better user experiences
A. Added comparison charts at buy.matterport.com/plans.
B. Fixes to the sort/empty list (including folder view, search view, and all Spaces).
C. Fixes to French translations at buy.matterport.com.
D. Improvements to searching for models in the Matterport Cloud.