You can now transfer spaces between Matterport organizations (different billing accounts). Transfer spaces is great for:
- Service partners who have clients that want to host spaces in their own Matterport organization.
- Service partners who do all post-processing internally before handing off the space to external clients.
- Users who are members of multiple organizations and accidentally upload to the wrong organization.
KEEP IT SIMPLE
For billing purposes, the space processing fee is incurred against the original owner (giver) of the space once the space is uploaded. The transfer process from the giver to the receiver is free and does not cost anything to the giver or receiver.
Transferred spaces do count towards the hosting limit in the receiver’s account. Admins can check their current hosting at my.matterport.com/settings. You can see all plans and upgrade on buy.matterport.com. Learn more about Hosting Overages & Limits.
Once you transfer a space it will no longer be in your account, and you will lose control over the space in the future. For more information on legal ramifications, please read our Cloud Subscription Agreement.
Space transfer works in three simple steps:
- The original owner (giver) initiates the transfer from Matterport Cloud (my.matterport.com). Matterport Cloud sends an automated email notifying the intended recipient.
- The recipient open the email and logs in. They review details about the space and accept if desired.
- Matterport Cloud emails the giver notifying of a successful transfer.
Only admins can initiate a transfer (be the giver). However, the recipient can be any collaborator in the organization.
Giver Starts the Space Transfer
Open Matterport Cloud (my.matterport.com). Find and open the space you want to transfer.
You must be an Admin to transfer a space.
Open the … menu and then click Transfer Space.
Enter the recipient’s email and then confirm you want to transfer.
The recipient will then receive an automated email from Matterport Cloud notifying them of the transfer request.
While the invite is still pending, anyone with Editor access can go to the space details page for a specific space and:
- Resend the invitation if the recipient missed the email
- Revoke the space transfer if desired
If you initiated the transfer to the wrong email, revoke your original invite and then redo the process again.
Recipient Accepts the Space
The receiver clicks the link in the automated email. They log in to Matterport Cloud (my.matterport.com) if not already.
The receiver can then preview the space to check that they are willing to accept. Click Next to continue.
If the recipient is part of multiple Matterport organizations, they can choose which organization they want the space to go to.
You can only accept transferred spaces if you are an Admin for that particular organization.
Click Accept to finalize the transfer.
Matterport Cloud will then automatically email the giver notifying them of the successful space transfer.