What is quick start?
Quick start lets you open a model in 3D Showcase almost immediately (up to three times faster than before).
How do I enable quick start?
Quick start is disabled by default.
To enable it add the URL parameter &qs=1 to the end of any shared or embedded link.
|Learn more about URL parameters.|
Should I use quick start?
Visitors to your 3D model will have a different experience depending on whether you enable or disable quick start. While loading time is important it is just one part of the user experience in 3D Showcase.
- Quickly engage customers who are sensitive to load time
- Loads large models significantly quicker
- Initial Dollhouse and fly-in to Inside View (a potential "wow" factor) no longer present -- sacrificed for faster loading
- Possible that the Matterport model can appear like a static photo and not something interactive
- Help menu will not display - users can call it from the footer
Compare the following two experiences: