What is Quickstart?
Quickstart lets you open a Space in 3D Showcase almost immediately (up to 3 times faster than before).
How do I enable Quickstart?
Quickstart is disabled by default.
To enable it add the URL parameter &qs=1 to the end of any shared or embedded link.
|Learn more about URL parameters.|
Should I use Quickstart?
Visitors to your Space will have a different experience depending on whether you enable or disable quick start. While loading time is important it is just one part of the user experience in 3D Showcase.
- Quickly engage customers who are sensitive to load time
- Loads large Spaces significantly quicker
- Initial Dollhouse and fly-in to Inside View (a potential "wow" factor) no longer present -- sacrificed for quicker loading
- Possible that the Matterport Space can appear like a static photo and not something interactive
- Help menu will not display -- users can call it from the footer
Compare the following two experiences: