Before you Begin
Labels are short descriptions you can associate with rooms in your 3D Space. You can use labels to do the following:
- Highlight important (or visually compelling) regions of your Space.
- Show guests where amenities are located.
- Provide square footage measurements on a per-room basis.
- Mark where rooms will be built in the future (for use with construction projects).
- Mark specific and intricate parts of your Schematic Floor Plans.
I. Create a Label
- Go to my.matterport.com
- Select the Space you'd like to add labels to.
- Switch to Edit mode.
- To do this, click the Edit Space button at the top-right corner of the window.
- Click on the Labels icon in the toolbox to the right.
- Click the Add button in the middle of the screen.
- This will automatically transition into Floorplan view.
- Hover your mouse over each room to see a general outline of where your label will appear.
- Click on the area of the room where you want your label to appear.
- Type in your label by filling out the Add a label bar that appears.
- Each added label will appear in the "Labels" window to the right.
II. Manipulate your Label
Click directly on your label to do the following:
- Click and drag your label around the map.
- You can drag the label from one room to another if necessary.
- Click the pencil icon appended to your label - this is in the center of the screen.
- Here you can rename the label.
- Click the trash icon appended to your label.
- This will delete your label.
III. Make Labels Visible
Once you've created labels and placed them on your Floorplan, you'll want to make them visible so users and guests can actually see them when viewing the Space. Follow the steps below.
- Open the Space you want to add visible labels to.
- Click the Settings icon at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- In the Settings window, click "Advanced".
- Switch the "Labels" toggle to "On" by sliding the switch to the right.
Labels well only appear in 3D Showcase in the Floorplan View - if you're looking to "label" individual parts of rooms (like a dishwasher, tabletop, or window), we recommend using Mattertags to do this.