Basic instructions on how to use virtual reality.
- Open the Matterport VR app
- Insert smartphone into the headset
- Navigate and select an option
- Samsung Gear VR Tips
Open the Matterport VR App
If you are using Samsung Gear VR open the Oculus app.
Then go to Library > Matterport VR
If you are using Google Cardboard find the Matterport VR (Cardboard) app and open it.
Insert Smartphone into Headset
For the Samsung Gear VR, hold the headset at a slight angle to slide the smartphone into the Gear VR connector.
Make sure the phone is securely connected. You will hear a chime when it is successfully connected.
If you have a large smartphone, you may need to adjust the headset.
Hold the headset up to your eyes.
Straps are optional. If you use the straps, make sure they are securely fastened.
If you are using Google Cardboard, open the viewer and insert your smartphone.
Make sure the smartphone is securely fastened and won’t fall out.
Loading, Navigating, & Selecting
It can take up to five seconds for the Matterport VR app to load. You will see the title screen once it's done loading.
Move your head to look around.
|Remember, you can look up, down, left, right, and behind you!|
Adjust the focus on the Gear VR for a clear picture.
The circle at the center of the screen is your cursor. Select an option by looking at it (hold the cursor over it) for a few seconds.
For Google Cardboard you can also press the button on the viewer to select an option and navigate through menus faster.
Make sure your device is securely fastened in the viewer so the button presses down all the way.
Samsung Gear VR Tips
- Swipe forward and backward on the touchpad to turn or navigate without moving your head.
- Tap the touchpad to select an option without waiting.
- Press the back key at any time to return to the previous menu.
- Insert a charging cord at the bottom of the headset (not shown) to charge the phone and use the headset at the same time.