Space Statistics is a Matterport Cloud feature that shows how many people have viewed your Matterport Spaces.
Your statistics are updated on a daily basis.
- Log out and log back in
- Temporarily disable any ad blocker plugins
- Login with a different web browser
Statistics for a Single Space
Open the Space Details Page for that Space. Space Statistics are above the Showcase in the Statistics tab.
Statistics for Several Spaces
Click the Statistics icon in the top navigation bar.
Here you can see statistics across all your Spaces, or for all of Spaces in a given folder.
You can also download a CSV file with all your Space Statistics.
First choose All Spaces or Select a Folder. Select your timeframe (Lifetime, 30 Days, or 7 Days). Then click "Export Data".
You'll receive an email when your download is ready. From here you can export the CSV file into Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Apple Numbers, or your favorite spreadsheet software.
Who can see Space Statistics?
Administrators - Can see statistics for all Spaces and all folders.
Collaborators - Can see statistics ONLY for Spaces you have Editor access. Statistics are not shown for Spaces that you have view-only access.
General Public - No one outside your organization account can see your Space Statistics.
What do the numbers mean?
Impressions - An impression is when the page with Matterport loads successfully. For embedded spaces, an impression is counted before a user clicks play to load.
Visits - A visit is when the space loaded successfully and is ready to explore. For embedded spaces, a visit is counted after a user clicks the play button.
Unique Visitors - Number of visits from distinct users. Unique visitors is always less than or equal to visits.
By default, you see 'lifetime' data which means all the data since Matterport started tracking in October 2015. You can also change the timeframe to be only within the last 7 days or last 30 days.
Some of my Matterport Spaces don't have any data
Spaces need to be set to Public to register an impression or visit.
If you haven't shared your Space or posted it online it won't have any data.
Spaces viewed in VR or through the offline iOS app will not register impressions or visits.
Activity to your Space before October 2015 is not included. If you stopped sharing your Space after October 2015 then your Space will not have any data.
My private Space has data - was there a breach?
This data doesn't match my web analytics
Differences in the way your web analytics treats time can lead to a mismatch on any statistic.
- Timezone: Dates are displayed in UTC timezone (Universal Coordinated Time, similar to Greenwich Mean Time). If your web analytics uses a different timezone, the numbers will not match your Matterport Space statistics.
- Starting date: Space statistics only go back to October 2015. Spaces older than this may undercount lifetime impressions, visits, and visitors.
Views which occur in the Space Details Page within Matterport Cloud are counted towards your total traffic. This can include visits by you, admins, and collaborators in Matterport Cloud.
This data is not counted by your own website analytics.
An impression is registered when someone views a page containing a embedded 3D Showcase, or when they click on a link to a public Space.
If impressions are lower than your web analytics:
- Hero image or site embed didn't work for some reason. For example, the page was opened in a browser that didn't support WebGL
- User abandoned the page before the embedded hero image could load and log an impression
If impressions are higher than your web analytics:
- Your Matterport Space was opened from outside your website. For example, the link was shared on Facebook, the link was shared by email, or the Space was viewed in Matterport Cloud by you or your collaborators.
A visit is registered when a Space loads successfully. If visits are lower than your web analytics:
- If a user clicks on the 3D Showcase 'play button' and abandons the page before finished loading, no visit is counted. Your web analytics may count a visit as soon as a user clicks the 'play button'
Space statistics shows a count of distinct visitors who successfully loaded the Space.
- Unique visitors must wait for the Space to finish loading. If your web analytics is counting Space visitors based on clicks, the numbers will not match.
- Do not add unique visitor counts across time or across Spaces. That is, adding daily unique visitors over a 30-day timeframe will not give you an accurate count of monthly unique visitors. This is because the same person may come to your site on April 1 and again on April 5, and so would be counted twice using this method. Likewise, adding unique visitors for Space 1 and Space 2 may double-count a user who visited both Spaces.
- Unique visitors are only a best guess of the number of individuals who loaded a Space. If the same user opens the Space once in Chrome, once in Safari, and once on their mobile device, this counts as 3 visitors.