First, try downloading a teaser video of your Matterport Space. Teaser videos are great ways to give people a quick preview of your 3D Space, and they're great to share on social media.
However, teaser videos are automatically generated. To create a custom video, you'll have to use screen recording software to record your computer's screen while you explore the Space.
Then combine this footage with music, live action shots, drone footage, etc to make a complete marketing video that you can upload YouTube or Vimeo.
|This requires some basic familiarity with video editing software.|
|For screen recording, there's many options. We suggest Ice Cream Screen Recorder for Windows or Quicktime for Mac.|
|For video editing, there's many options. We suggest Windows Story Remix for Windows or Adobe Premiere for Mac.|
How to Steps
- Open your screen recording software and start recording.
- Open the Matterport Space in 3D Showcase. Switch to full screen mode.
- Navigate through the Space with keyboard shortcuts. If you have a Highlight Reel, press the play button ▶️️ to walk through it.
- Return to your screen recording software and stop recording. Save the movie.
- Import the footage into your video editing software.
- Crop out the beginning and the end where you opened 3D Showcase.
- Add other materials such as music, live video, drone footage, and company branding.
Tips & Tricks
Switch to fullscreen mode (bottom-right icon).
Minimize the "Name and Summary" box on the top-left.
Hide Mattertag™ Posts through an option in the "Name and Summary" box.
Press P on the keyboard to fine-tune your movement through 3D Showcase.
|Show Sweeps||Show or hide scan positions (grey circles on the floor)|
|Rotation Speed||How quickly the field of view rotates|
|Transition Time||Duration of time when moving between scan positions|
|Path Opacity||Transparency of the path on the floor in a Guided Tour|
In your editing software, crop out the "UI chrome" on the top and bottom.