Here's some quick tips to create a high quality user experience in 3D Showcase.
Download a PDF 📄 with these guidelines.
3D Showcase should be free of 'holes' in Dollhouse and Floorplan View
- Avoid holes in the Dollhouse by taking lots of scans while you are on-site.
- You'll want to fill in the black areas that appear in the preview pane in Matterport Capture.
Properly mark ALL windows and mirrors
- Use the Mark Features tool in Matterport Capture to mark windows and mirrors as you scan.
- Make sure the label is oriented in the proper direction (inside or outside).
- Extend your markings slightly longer than necessary to cover the window or mirror.
Remove 'spray' from the perimeter to make it nice and neat
- Properly mark windows and mirrors
- This will eliminate most cases of extraneous 'spray' on the perimeter.
- If necessary, adjust markings in Matterport Capture and re-upload the model.
Create a smooth walkthrough
- Scan positions should be at consistent height and spacing.
- To achieve this, scan at regularly spaced intervals for a consistent look.
- You may need to hide low scans and redundant scan positions in Workshop. Learn more.
Example Floor Plan
Notice there are no holes in the Floor Plan - this is an example of a thoroughly scanned property.
All windows have been properly marked in this example, and the surrounding perimeters are clean.