I. Can I subscribe to a Cloud Plan without purchasing a Matterport camera?
Most Matterport customers buy their own cameras, scan their places, then edit and host those Spaces on their Matterport Cloud account.
If, however, scanning is provided to you by a Matterport Service Partner, there are two options to consider.
- The service provider can host your Matterport Space in their account.
- You can set up your own account and have the service provider upload it there.
- If you choose this option, you would have to subscribe to a Cloud Plan, then ask your service provider to scan and upload the models to your account.
If you go this route, it's important that you discuss the details with your service provider. Talk about content ownership, usage rights, content privacy and access, financial responsibility for hosting and processing, and future maintenance needs. Service providers need to know these things, as they upload into separate accounts at their own discretion.
II. What can I do with my Cloud Plan?
Upon purchasing your plan, you can immediately do the following:
- Use the Matterport Cloud to host, organize, and manage your Spaces.
- Use Matterport's Edit Mode to edit the way your Spaces are presented to customers.
- Use Matterport 3D Showcase to share your Spaces with others.
III. Is a Cloud Plan-only account right for me?
Consider a Cloud Plan-only if:
- You don't want to directly own or operate a Matterport camera.
- You don't want to edit your Spaces.
- You want to manage the hosting and sharing of all your Spaces, including associated fees.
If you are interested in owning your own camera, Matterport offers financing options that allow you to pay for the camera over an extended period - contact us directly for more details.
IV. How do I subscribe to a Cloud Plan-only?
Go to buy.matterport.com/plans.