There are multiple parts to your Matterport bill:
- Cloud Plan (billed monthly or annually depending on your plan)
- Processing for the Spaces you created in that month, less the free Spaces processed in that month
- "A la carte" additional services (such as Schematic Floor Plans, Matterpak orders, or hosting overages)
Your subscription cost is charged at the beginning of that usage period and charges you for Spaces hosted during that usage period, in addition to number of collaborators and free processing.
Additional usage charges are charged at the beginning of the month based on what you did in the previous month.
For example, we bill you at the beginning of February for February's subscription and for additional usage from January (if applicable).
See our pricing at a glance on the Matterport Price List.
Monthly or Yearly Subscription Plans
Subscription plans include both hosting, processing, and number of collaborators of your scanned data into finished Spaces.
- Processing is when Matterport Cloud takes the scan data you uploaded from the iPad and turns it into a finished, viewable 3D Space.
- Hosting is the storage and delivery of the finished spaces.
Our subscription plans are listed at buy.matterport.com.
|Hosting for 100 finished Spaces||Hosting for 200 finished Spaces||Hosting of 300 finished Spaces|
|Complimentary* processing for 3 new Spaces||Complimentary* processing for 7 new Spaces||Complimentary* processing for 11 new Spaces|
|5 Collaborators||20 Collaborators||50 Collaborators|
*Complimentary processing is not included with the Pro2 Lite or BLK360 cameras.
Learn how to change or upgrade your cloud plan.
Please change your billing plan three days before the end of the month. Your new plan will take effect next month and will cover usage for the next month.
For example, suppose you change your plan on September 25th. The invoice you receive in October for September's usage will reflect your old plan. This will include any additional usage and a-la-carte processing as explained below.
If you scan and upload more Spaces than what's included in your monthly subscription plan, you are charged $19 for each additional Space processed ($29 for Pro2 Lite and BLK360).
Spaces with more than 100 scans will be charged at $38 per space ($58 for the Pro2 Lite and BLK360).
360º View scan positions will count the same as 3D scan positions in terms of billing.
Reuploads and uploads of duplicates of already processed Spaces do not carry any additional processing fees.
Models with at least one Pro2Lite or BLK360 scan in them will be charged US $29 for processing ($58 if more than 100 scans). Free monthly processing credits cannot be used for Pro2 Lite and BLK360 models.
You will be invoiced and charged for additional "a la carte" services ordered in the prior month. These include:
- Schematic Floor Plans at USD $14.99 per Space (€15)
- US$19 for every block of 50 spaces over your stated hosting limit. Learn more.
North American customers
Some North American customers will now be charged tax against their SasS subscription and additional fees in accordance with the various policies of the different states. Our billing system integrates into a specialized tax service to properly calculate and charge these taxes. This change was made 3/7/19 when we upgraded to the new billing platform.
UK and EMEA customers
Some UK and EMEA customers will also be charged VAT in accordance with the tax rules in each country. We will use the best information we have to properly apply the VAT. The tax rules differ for tangible goods and digital services for each country, which can result in either VAT in the service addressed country or VAT via the Netherlands, from where we ship cameras sold in Europe.
For customers with a valid VAT ID, Matterport submits the ID along with a service address and any applicable product or service information to Avatax to determine the appropriate VAT charge.
Those customers who are required to pay VAT, or new customers who are required to pay VAT through buy.matterport.com upon a camera and/or plan purchase, may see a VAT charge on their subscription service as of March 7, 2019.
Editing your Address and VAT ID
In order to change your Service Address or add your VAT ID to your account, log in to your Cloud account and go to Settings > Billing page. There you will see your Addresses listed in the Address section with an Edit button on the right side as well as a VAT section just below with it's dedicated Edit button.
Suppose you are on a Basic Plan. In the month of December, you processed 5 standard size Spaces and then 1 large Space near the end of the month. You requested a schematic floorplan for a Space you scanned back in November.
The bill you receive at the beginning of January (less taxes) is
|Subscription for January||$49|
|Additional Processing & Services in December||$90.99|
Additional processing and services are calculated as follows:
- Spaces 1 to 3 — Included as part of your subscription plan ($0 each)
- Space 4 and 5 — Standard size Space (USD $19 each)
- Spaces 6 — Large size (USD $38 each)
- Schematic Floorplan for 1 Space — For one standard sized Space (USD $14.99 each) Learn more.
So your additional processing would be: $0+ $0 + $0 + $19 + $19 + $38 + $14.99= $90.99
Review Account Usage
While the final accounting is done on your monthly bill (invoice), you can easily track your account usage from day to day in Matterport Cloud (my.matterport.com). First, log in as an Admin.
Next go to Settings (my.matterport.com/profile) and then to the Account Info tab. Go to Space History.
From here you can see which models were uploaded, how we billed for them, when they were uploaded, and by who.
- Standard — 3 to 100 scans (includes 360º Views)
- Large — 101 or more scans (includes 360º Views)
- Duplicate — Duplicate of existing scan (markings were changed and/or scans added/deleted) then reuploaded
- Test — 1 or 2 scans (includes 360º Views)
- Red — Space was deleted. Spaces that were processed in that billing period count towards your bill even if they were deleted.