The start position determines where you will begin your virtual tour - this position can be updated at any time for your convenience, and will also serve as the hero image (the thumbnail that appears before the environment fully loads).
Where can I set my Start Position?
- Any scanned position in Inside view.
- The Dollhouse view.
- The Floorplan view.
- The 360º view.
To change the start position, you must be given Admin or Editor privileges inside the Matterport Cloud.
1. Launch Workshop
- Navigate to my.matterport.com.
- Find the space you want to edit.
- Click the pencil icon to "Switch to edit" mode to make changes.
Edit mode can only be opened on laptops and personal computers.
2. Set or Update the Starting Position
- Find the desired view and angle.
- Your starting position can be set from virtually any position and angle using Inside view, Dollhouse view, Floorplan view, and 360º view.
- Create a Highlight Reel for your 360º view (optional).
- Creating a Highlight Reel will allow you to add 3D scans, Dollhouse, and Floorplan views - remember to ensure that the Dollhouse button is switched to "on". This will give users full access to the 3D space (as opposed to a single, 360º view).
- Pan your view.
- Click, hold, and move the mouse to line up your desired view. You can also click different areas of the space to move to your desired starting position.
- Set your Start Location.
- In the controls menus on the right side of the screen, click on "Start Location".
- Click the blue "Set Start Location" button.
5. Click the blue "Publish" button at the top right corner of Workshop.
3. Set a 2D photo as the starting position
To set a 2D photo as your starting position, take the following steps.
- In Edit mode, click the "photos" icon in the menu to the right.
- Position your shot to get the desired view and angle.
- You can use the "grid view" (which will open by default) to craft more precisely framed images.
- Click the Camera icon in the center of the screen to take the photo.
- You will be notified that your photo has been saved in a pop-up window (bottom right).
- Click "View" to see all photos taken in this particular environment.
- Choose the 2D photo you want to use as your starting position.
- Name the photo.
- Click the "Set as Start Location" icon above the image.
- Hit the blue "Publish" button at the top right of the window.