By default, all Matterport spaces start with Link Sharing turned off, meaning that nobody can access the space even if they have a link to it.
To make your Matterport 3D space public (available to anyone with the link), click on the lock labeled Share in the upper righthand corner:
You will see a dialog box with the Share options. You will also notice that your space is now set to Public, meaning that anyone with the link may access it:
Spaces with Link Sharing turned off can only be viewed by people who are logged in to your Matterport Cloud. Specifically, this includes the person who uploaded the space, any account admins, and other Collaborators you've invited for this particular space. For an extra level of security, keep Link Sharing turned off and invite Collaborators to view as needed.
In terms of search engine visibility, the my.matterport.com domain is not indexed. This means by default the Matterport spaces you create will not appear in search engine results. However, if you embed a Matterport Space in an <iframe> tag or link to it on a webpage, then when Google crawls that page they will recognize that link and add it to their index.
Choose Which Version to Share
You can share three different versions of the Matterport space:
- Shows all public details. This is the version that you usually share.
- Hides the "Presented By" and contact info.
- Complies with MLS (Multiple Listing Service for residential real estate) rules regarding external links. Removes branding, removes links in Mattertag™ Posts, and removes VR.
Where did VR Sharing and Social Sharing go?
The Enable VR Sharing and Allow Social Sharing options can now be found in the details tab of your space listing in your cloud account. Click here for more information.
Spaces can be password protected. To learn how to set a password on a space, click here.
Posting to Social Media
To post to social media such as Facebook and Twitter:
- Copy the share link (URL) from Matterport Cloud.
- Paste the link when you create a new post.
Posting to Zillow and other MLS Sites
While each site has its own guidelines, Matterport generally recommends using the MLS Compliant version. For most sites, you can just paste the share link (URL) into the "Virtual Tour" field.
For more questions please contact the website you are trying to post to.
Embedding on your Blog or Website
Embedding requires some familiarity with HTML code. The general steps are:
- Copy the embed code from Matterport Cloud.
- Open the HTML code for the desired post/page.
- Paste the embed code in the desired place.