Private vs Public
Your Matterport Space starts as private (no sharing).
To make your Matterport Space public (available to everyone), just click the toggle to enable Sharing.
Private Spaces can only be viewed by people who are logged in to Matterport Cloud. Specifically, this includes the person who uploaded the space, any account admins, and other Collaborators you've invited for this particular Space. For an extra level of security, keep the Space private and invite Collaborators to view as needed.
Public Spaces can be viewed by anyone on the internet with the sharing link. However, they are not indexed. This means they will not appear in any search engine results.
|Matterport does not share your public Spaces with third parties without your explicit permission. The only way someone can access your public Spaces is if they have the sharing link or if it is embedded on your website.|
Choose Which Version to Share
You can share three different versions of the Matterport Space:
- Branded - Shows all public details. This is the version that you usually share.
- Unbranded - Hides the "Presented By" and contact info.
- MLS-Compliant - Complies with MLS (Multiple Listing Service for residential real estate) rules regarding external links. Removes branding, removes links in Mattertag™ Posts, and removes VR.
- Thumbnail - Image of the Space that appears while the Matterport Space is loading.
- VR Link - Virtual reality version of the Matterport Space. Learn more.
Click on the version you want to share. The sharing link and embed code will appear.
Posting to Social Media
To post to social media such as Facebook and Twitter, first copy the link from Matterport Cloud.
Then paste the link when you create a new post.
Learn more about sharing a Matterport Space on Facebook.
Posting to Zillow and other MLS Sites
While each site has its own guidelines, Matterport generally recommends using the MLS Compliant version.
For most sites, you can just paste the Matterport link (URL) into the "Virtual Tour" field.
For more questions please contact the site you're trying to post to.
Embedding on your Blog or Website
Embedding requires some familiarity with HTML code. The general steps are:
- Copy the embed code from Matterport Cloud.
- Open the HTML code for the desired post/page.
- Paste the embed code in the desired place.
|Learn more about how to embed on your website.|
|Learn more about embedding in general.|