Now that you're done scanning, it's time to move your model into the Matterport Cloud - follow the instructions below.
Upload to the cloud
- Upload the model to Matterport Cloud for processing.
- Wait until you've returned to your home or office so you can use that WiFi network.
- Matterport models can be quite large
- If your iPad has a cellular connection (mobile data) turn it off to avoid large data charges.
- Make sure your model has at least one 3D Scan.
- Models with only 360º Views cannot upload.
Connect your iOS device to the internet
- Press your iPad's Home button to exit the Matterport Capture app.
- Open the Settings app.
- In the picture below, <Your WiFi Network> is an external WiFi network (the normal internet).
- This is different from Matterport B004, which is only between the camera and the iPad.
Log in to Matterport Cloud on your iOS device
- Open the Matterport Capture app.
- From the Home screen tap Sign In.
- Enter your email and password
- Tap the Sign In button.
- If you forgot your email or password, open my.matterport.com and then Trouble Logging in?
- Make sure you are logged in to the correct account.
- Matterport cannot move models between accounts.
- Use your my.matterport.com email address.
Open the model and upload
- Wait for the model to upload.
- This can take from several minutes up to an hour depending on how many scans in the model and how fast your connection is.
- Keep the app open in the foreground (don't open any other apps) while it is uploading.
- In the model screen you can see the current progress on the "Upload" button.
- In the main screen you'll also see an overlay on the model's thumbnail.
- Your model is now being processed by Matterport servers in the cloud.
- Processing normally takes a few hours for a standard sized space, about 1500 square feet.
- Very large models (200+ scans) can take up to 48 hours. Learn more.
- You'll receive an email when your Space is complete.
- Click the link to open the Matterport Space.
- Log in with the same username and password you used when uploading from the Capture app.
You've successfully uploaded your first Matterport model - before continuing to scan, please review this Scanning Best Practice Help Center article, and this Making Changes After I Upload article as well.