Create a Model
- Open the Matterport Capture app.
- Touch the "+" box to create a new model.
- Provide a name and other appropriate information.
- This is the best time to provide all the metadata.
|Providing metadata now helps you organize this model in the future. You can also edit this metadata later in Matterport Cloud. Learn more.|
- If you don't enter the name, the address will automatically be copied into the Name field.
You'll now see the scanning screen for this model.
- The left menu shows the blue scan button and other options.
- The right pane shows a top-down map that is a preview of the model.
- Since you haven't done a scan yet, it's currently empty. Once you start scanning the preview will populate with all of your scan data.
- Place the camera/tripod in the desired location.
- Move completely out of view of the camera.
- Most people hide behind a wall or walk behind the camera s it rotates.
- Tap the blue button to begin the scan.
- You may have to wait for the camera to warm up.
- The camera will rotate, scan, and transfer.
- Don't touch or move the camera during this time.
|If someone moves into the frame while scanning, tap the X in the top-right to cancel the scan. You can also press the second button (below the power button) on the Matterport Camera to cancel the scan.|
Matterport Capture will ding to let you know it's finished and it's okay to move to the next spot.
|If you don't hear anything, increase the volume on your iPad. Also, check the settings menu within Matterport Capture to make sure Sounds are enabled.|