Matterport for Google Street View is currently in limited beta. This feature is in active development at Matterport, and Google is evolving their API and service as well. So you can expect a few speed bumps along the way.
Publishing to Google Street View is a exciting new way for you to extend your marketing so you and your business can reach an even bigger audience.
|For Business & Venue Owners
- Hire a Matterport Service Partner to scan your business.
- Ask your photographer to publish to Google Street View.
- When your customers look for your business on Google, they will also see the 360º imagery that the photographer captured.
- Your customers can virtually visit your business before visiting in person. Visitors who have already toured your business online are more comfortable when they see it in person, and thus are more likely purchase your goods or services.
- Add the Matterport virtual tour to your website and your social campaigns.
- Use derivative assets from Matterport (such as 2D Snapshots) for your print and digital marketing campaigns.
- Enhance your offerings with an additional service for your clients.
- Use Matterport to get all the assets a client needs — virtual tour, 2D Snapshots, 360º Snapshots, etc — from one photo shoot.
- Uploading to Google Street View is simple — just a few clicks and you’re done.
- Connections between aligned panoramas are automatically included.
- Matterport is the best solution for scaling up to lots of 360º images per property. More 360º images means a more immersive and realistic experience.
One key advantage to using Matterport is that you can stage your business (like staging a house) so it appears exactly as you want it in your photography and your marketing campaigns.
With Matterport you can also add the virtual tour to your own website and download other derivative assets (such as 2D Snapshots) to use in your print and digital marketing campaigns. You can get a virtual tour plus all these other assets from just one photo shoot.
For example, check out this 3D Space through Matterport 3D Showcase (how it appears when you embed it on your business’ website) and also through Google Street View.
|Matterport 3D Showcase
||Google Street View
What can you publish? Try these possibilities:
- Business Listings — retail and restaurants
- Places of Interest — museums and landmarks
- Multifamily — apartment complexes
- Travel and Hospitality — hotels and resorts
- Vacation & Short Term Rentals — nightly rentals only
- Commercial Real Estate — office spaces
Private homes (residential real estate) cannot be published to Google Street View. Nightly rentals are allowed.