Matterport is committed to help you scan and capture even more 3D Spaces. Now you can increase your ROI (return on investment) by scanning faster so you can spend less time onsite.
Fast capture is a firmware update for your Matterport camera that speeds up camera rotation, while still keeping the same 2D panorama image quality and 3D depth data quality. No additional equipment is required, and both Pro and Pro2 cameras can receive the update. You can easily revert back to the previous slower speed if desired.
With faster scanning, you can scan the same space in a fraction of the time. Saving time saves you money so you can get back to doing what you love.
2/21/2018 - Public beta update, all customers who have signed up for the beta have been activated
1/10/2018 - Public beta started, limited release to select customers who signed up
Frequently Asked Questions
- Fill out this form
- Update to the latest version of the Capture app (2.4.2). Learn how.
- Please wait for us to go into the backend and enable for you.
- Open Matterport Capture and sign in to Matterport Cloud over WiFi (internet).
- It may take several minutes to download the new firmware while connected to the Internet. You should see a red notification of new firmware if you have previously connected your camera to this iPad.
- Connect to your Matterport Pro or Pro2 3D Camera over WiFi as normal. You will be prompted to install new firmware for the camera.
- Reconnect to the camera and start scanning!
If you experience any problems while scanning on-site, open Settings in the Capture app and switch back to normal scanning speed. Continue scanning the rest of the property as usual.
If you experience a problem with spaces that you have uploaded and are already processed, please email us.
This setting only appears when you are connected to a camera with fast capture firmware. It is enabled by default.