- Exterior scanning, with full geometry-capture
- Ability to scan further, with a range of well over 100 feet (30 meters)
- Higher accuracy than Matterport devices (downloaded through the BLK360 app)
Matterport’s BLK360 support is good for documenting existing conditions for design, engineering and construction purposes. It makes it possible to record and measure conditions in large areas and sunlight spaces. It generates immersive 3D models are valuable to all participants in the design workflow and provides several ways to access point clouds.
With the BLK360 and Pro/Pro2 cameras, Matterport can capture any space, regardless of size or lighting, faster than more expensive devices. This makes it an ideal tool for documenting construction work in-progress. It can also be invaluable for recording facilities, manufacturing/industrial locations, and infrastructure for management and maintenance.
You do not need a Matterport camera to use the integration. However, we strongly recommend you use both devices so you can get the best combination of efficient workflow and high-quality 3D spaces.
Matterport Pro/Pro2 cameras can be used in the same project as the Leica BLK360. This makes it easy to scan smaller spaces quickly and obtain very high quality imagery. Scans from the two cameras are joined together seamlessly.
The BLK360 can be used for building exteriors or interiors and is also good for capturing tall and wide-open spaces. In addition, users can download dense/accurate point clouds from the BLK360 to other apps, such as Recap Pro. Learn how.
However, this distance is lower when your space is crowded with lots of objects (especially close-up objects). It’s not unusual to have to scan less than 10 feet (3 meters) between locations in order to align scans in a crowded area.
1) Unstructured point cloud - One big point cloud with redundant points removed for efficiency. Automatic registration of project setups. Density and accuracy is similar to a Matterport Pro or Pro2 3D Camera. Learn more.
The unstructured point cloud is in .XYZ file format. You can get this file by downloading the Matterpak Bundle after your space has been processed in the cloud. If you import the XYZ files directly into a design app, it will come out monochrome. To change to color, open in Recap Pro and export in the native RCP/RCS format.
2) Structured point cloud - Many different point clouds, all taken from each different project setup with the BLK360. Manual registration of project setups. Density and accuracy depends on the setting you choose (Low/Medium/High) when you scan with the BLK360. Learn more.
To download your very dense and accurate point clouds, you'll need to manually transfer the point cloud out of the BLK360 device. To do this, you can either use Recap Pro for Mobile or the Leica BLK360 app.