Do you log in to Matterport Cloud (my.matterport.com) with many different emails? You can choose one of those emails to upload, contribute, edit, and manage your 3D Spaces across multiple organizations by merging your profiles.
Benefits to using this feature
- Users can combine multiple Matterport email logins into one.
- No need to sign out of Matterport Cloud (my.matterport.com) and then sign back in as a different user.
- From within Matterport Cloud, you can easily switch between multiple organizations and then access the different 3D Spaces to which you have permission.
- From the Capture app, you can easily choose the organization you will upload into.
- Admins can invite any email as a collaborator, regardless of which organization the collaborator belongs to.
- You will no longer see the “This user already exists” error.
- You will no longer have to create email aliases such as firstname.lastname@example.org for collaborators.
- This will improve the workflow for Matterport customers such as:
- MSPs (Matterport Service Providers) and their clients
- Large, complex organizations and enterprises
- Hosting-only accounts and those who own, contribute, and maintain them
- This cannot be used to merged two different people's profiles.
- Merging profiles is to merge your own profiles so that you only have one email address to login with to access multiple organizations.
For example, picture an MSP who scans for many different clients - a client with just one or two spaces is fine with the MSP handling everything. However a client with many spaces may want more control, and thus their own hosting-only account. In this case, the MSP can have one email login which he or she uses to access spaces in both their own organization and the client's organization.
I. Merge several profiles into one
To fully take advantage of this feature you should initially combine several profiles - with separate user email login info - into one profile.
- Sign into the Matterport Cloud (my.matterport.com).
- Go to my.matterport.com/settings.
- Click on the "Merge Profiles" button dropdown.
- Click the "Merge" button.
- Enter your email address and password for the secondary login.
- This will make the secondary login info disappear and all permissions moving forward will be absorbed into the primary login.
- We recommend not combining any shared or team logins (like email@example.com).
- Confirm that you want to merge profiles.
- Check carefully, as this operation cannot be undone.
- To switch between organizations, click the icon next to your username.
II. Customize your organization's thumbnail and name
Admins can customize the profile icon (the color and the first two letters) to match their organization's cadence - follow the instructions below to do this.
- Navigate to my.matterport.com/settings.
- Click "Manage" under the "Account" dropdown.
- Click the "Edit" button.
- The name entered here will determine the abbreviated two letters that appear in your profile thumbnail.
- If the name is one word: The abbreviation will be the first two letters in the word ("Lester3DMSP" will showcase the letters "Le").
- If the name is two or more words: The abbreviation will use the first letter from the first two words ("Testing Account Name" will showcase the letters "Ta").
- Click the colored icon to select a new color.
- Click the blue "Save" button.
III. Upload to multiple organizations from Capture
Follow the steps below to upload your Matterport scans to multiple organizations, right from the mobile Capture
- Update the Capture app to the latest version.
- Open the Capture app and sign in normally.
- Tap the "More" icon at the top-left of the UI.
- Tap your username.
- In the menu that opens, click the organization that is being displayed under the "Organization" label.
- This will open all the current organizations you currently belong to in the Matterport cloud.
- Select the organization you'd like to add.
- Return to the Capture home screen.
- Reupload the model you want to be a part of your new organization.