You can now easily share a Matterport Space to social media, using the "Share" icon at the top-right of your model's page. From here you can post to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or in an email. You can also use the Link icon to share the URL with any platform you desire - more on this later.
You may have to log into your chosen social media accounts first.
People who follow you on social media will then see your post. When they click the link, it will open the Matterport model in a new tab or window. From here, users can explore the 3D model as they normally would.
- For sharing on other social media platforms, open the model and click the "Share" button.
- To copy the direct URL, highlight the "Link" URL and press the "Copy" button.
- To embed the model directly onto the page, click the "Embed" tab, highlight iFrame code, and click the "Copy button".
- Open another tab or window, and navigate to where you want to share your model.
- Press the ‘Control’ and ‘V’ keys at the same time (Command + V for Macs) to paste the URL or iFrame embed code.
Referring Back to Your Website
Once your model is on social media, people are likely to get excited and start sharing it with others. This ‘cool factor’ is especially effective with those who have never seen a virtual tour before.
However, you’ll want to translate all these likes, shares, tweets, impressions, and space visits into actual traffic to your website and "into your funnel" so you can convert them into real-life visitors and real customers.
You can do this by adding your website’s URL to the URL field within Matterport Cloud and enabling Social Sharing.
You've entered your website in the Details tab into the "External Website URL" field:
And you've made the model public, click on the arrow to get your links. In the bottom right corner of the popup, you'll see the section "Allow social sharing" in the bottom right corner.
If you the account default says Disabled and you would like it to be Enabled, you can change this in Settings > Space Settings.
This URL will appear in the "Link" tab in the "Share" menu.
The user flow will now be:
- User sees post on social media, clicks on it
- User navigates through the model, open Mattertag Posts, etc
- User clicks “Learn more” URL on top-left and goes to your website or landing page
- User engages on your website and purchases your company's goods or services, visits your museum, etc.
Limit Sharing for an Individual Space
If you don’t want the sharing icon to appear in a given Matterport model, then you have several options.
The first option is to log in to Matterport Cloud (my.matterport.com) and find the 3D model you want to change. You must have Editor access for this model.
In the Sharing section, select the Disable radio button. That’s it!
Unbranded or MLS
The second option is to use the Unbranded or the MLS (multi-listing service) version of the Matterport model. For these versions, there is no sharing icon and no URL field.
Just copy the appropriate link (or embed code) and paste it wherever needed.
The last option is to set the model to Private. 3D models that are private can only be viewed by Collaborators in Matterport Cloud.
Set Sharing Defaults for the Entire Organization
You can also set the defaults around social sharing for all of the Matterport models in your organization.
- Make sure you are logged in with an Administrator account.
- Open my.matterport.com/settings.
- Go to Space Settings > Social Sharing.
- Switch social sharing on or off as desired.
- Click Update to save your changes.
- This changes the default visibility for social sharing across all of the Matterport models in your account.
- Remember, anyone with Editor access to a 3D model can override the default visibility, as shown in the previous section.
- This is a similar process to setting the sharing defaults for virtual reality.