If you use the Matterport VR for Cardboard app on Android, you may have issues when you open a VR Space.
- On the Samsung Galaxy S8 and the Note 8, the app may crash.
- On other devices that have recently updated to Android 7 Nougat, you may notice "double vision."
The double vision effect occurs because the images are off-center. For example, notice how the Matterport hexagon logo is in very different locations for both eyes.
This issue happens because of changes to the device's default resolution. Resolution is very easy:
- Open the Apps tray.
- Find and tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Display.
- Tap on Screen resolution.
- Change the resolution to WQHD (2560 x 1440) and click Apply.
Now launch the Matterport VR for Cardboard app and the issue should be resolved. Notice how the hexagon is in a similar location for both eyes.