This way your Matterport Space will appear in the middle of your webpage, just like a YouTube video. For example:
1) Set your Space to Public. Learn more.
2) Identify the webpage you want to add the Matterport Space to.
3) Add the following code to the HTML source code for that webpage. Exact instructions depends on your website (see the following sections).
4) Replace with the URL to your Space. Instead of https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=xxxxxxxxxxx as shown above, use the URL to your own Matterport Space. You can add URL parameters here too.
Using a 3rd Party CMS
If you use a third party CMS (content management system) such as Wordpress, Drupal, Wix, Zendesk, Medium, etc to manage your website then you need to open the HTML source code for that page.
The general steps are:
- Login to your CMS backend
- Find the post/page/article to edit
- Find an icon that looks like </> to open the source code.
The following example is for Zendesk Help Center.
You'll need some HTML knowledge to navigate through the code to find exactly where to paste the <iframe> code.
Wordpress.com or Wordpress CMS
Wordpress.com does not allow iframes by default, so the easiest way to embed 3D Showcase is to put the my.matterport.com URL into the post in Visual tab and Wordpress will turn it into an embed. For example:
Websites that use the Wordpress CMS do allow iframes, so you can paste the iframe code directly into the post. For more customization you can also try the following plug-ins:
Start by editing the page you want the embed in. Click Add > More > Embed a Site.
A grey box will appear. Move the grey box to where on the page you want the embed.
Click Enter Website Address over the grey box. Paste the URL to your Matterport Space. You should see 3D Showcase should appear in the box.
Medium Blog Post
In the Medium backend, first find the post or draft that you want to embed the Matterport Space in.
- Click + to add a new section.
- Click <> to specify that you want to add an embed.
- Paste the URL to your Matterport Space.
In the Placester CMS backend, first open the page that you want to embed the Matterport Space in.
- Open the <> HTML icon
- Paste the <iframe> embed code.
- Click the <> HTML icon again to return to the visual editor.
You'll now see your iframe embedded in the editor view. Save your changes and the embed will be live.
Direct Access to the HTML Source Code
If you don't have a CMS where you can make changes, contact your site's webmaster and ask for help.
If you are the webmaster (or if you have direct access to edit the HTML) you can just add the <iframe> code directly to HTML source code.