Sometimes you may need to delete old models from the Matterport Capture app to free up space on the iPad.
|If you delete a model from your iPad, you CANNOT recover it. If there is a subsequent issue you will have to go back and rescan the space.|
Before deleting a model remember to:
- Mark all windows and mirrors
- Trim excess for a clean look
- Scan the entire space as desired
- Upload to Matterport Cloud for processing
- Review the Model in Dollhouse and Floorplan View for a clean look
- Tour the model in 3D Showcase and check for invisible obstacles
- Tour model completely in Workshop's Mesh View to check window and mirror markings, trim markings, doors that might block movement, and missing areas that might need rescanning.
Deleting a model from the Matterport Capture app deletes the raw scan data for that model. The final processed model is still available in Matterport Cloud for editing and sharing.
|Do not delete models prematurely. Only delete models you’ve uploaded, edited, shared, and your customers are completely happy with.|
To delete a model from your iPad open Matterport Capture and tap Edit > (tap the model to delete) > Delete > Delete Item. The app will warn you if the model hasn’t been uploaded yet.
|We recommend against relying on iCloud to backup your scan data.|